Mason Pocklington - The Martian

I chose the Martian as my reading for this week, because I had seen the movie previously and thought it was interesting. I re-watched the movie and then read the book to see what was similar and different between the two. What I thought was interesting was how normally, a book and the movie made based on it are often-time very different from one another. I was surprised to see that the two were pretty similar as far as the movie plot and arc. The only big change I noticed was that the ending was more dramatic in the movie than it was in the book. Which makes sense, since movies often overdramatize to keep audience members on the edge of their seats.

As usual, the book format of the story has more interesting details, and more small moments that aren't as "cinematic", which makes it a more interesting read than watch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mason Pocklington - Annihilation

Mason Pocklington - Night Circus

Mason Pocklington - Akata Witch